- Image quality evaluation,
- Entrance-skin-exposure measurements and calculations for comparisons to national trends and for regulatory compliance,
- Mean glandular dose determination for mammography,
- Phantom image evaluation,
- Patient Dosimetry
- Individual patient dosimetry (in vivo dosimetry) for CT and fluoroscopically guided interventional studies. See Links for the website containing in vivo patient dosimetry details.
- Fetal dose calculations from diagnostic unit radiation exposure,
- Organ and fetal dose calculations from radioactive materials,
- Customized technique chart development using measured entrance-skin exposure data acquired during on-site equipment evaluations,
- Assistance with reducing repeat procedures.
Diagnostic Radiology & Imaging
Required equipment performance evaluations (state regulations and JACHO) for the following equipment:
- Computed Tomography (CT),
- Computed Radiography (CR),
- Mammography (screen-film and digital systems),
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging,
- Dental Radiography,
- Laser camera evaluation,
- Reliable documentation,
- Annual program audits.
- License applications,
- Annual review of Radiation Protection Programs,
- Annual department audits,
- Development of Policies and Procedures,
- PET applications.
Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Continuing assistance for MQSA/ACR mammography programs,
- Assist with setting up and monitoring diagnostic quality assurance programs,
- Assistance with setting up and monitoring processor quality assurance,
- Assist with JCAHO QC program requirements.
- Stereotactic Breast,
- Computed Tomography,
- Nuclear Medicine,
- Radiation Oncology.
- Equipment purchase specifications,
- Acceptance testing,
- Room specifications and design.
- Setting up and evaluating ALARA programs,
- Departmental radiation safety surveys,
- Long term area monitoring (environmental surveys) including final analysis and reporting,
- Room radiation shielding and facility design consultations,
- Radiation Safety Committee participation,
- Personnel Dosimetry
- Personnel monitoring recommendations and data analysis,
- Fetal monitoring for declared pregnant workers.
- Audits for regulatory compliance,
- Radiation protection surveys.
Education and Training
- AART Accredited Training Courses for Radiation Safety to fulfill state licensing requirements for technologists,
- Assistance with establishing departmental Operating and Safety Procedures,
- Assist with establishing and reviewing Radiation Protection Programs,
- Assist with establishing and reviewing Policies and Procedures,
- Assistance with MQSA audits,
- Assistance with JCAHO audits,
- Assistance with state regulatory inspections.